Is it really the end of September??! Crazy how fast time goes lately. We've had a lot of madness... cruising to the Caribbean, Scott's graduation, packing up Charleston, visiting family in Utah, and moving into our new home in Kingman, Arizona. A lot of changes in a short period of time!! This post is mostly to show pictures of our new house, per request:). We feel incredibly blessed to have found a great place to rent so quickly! Now the overwhelming task of decorating an entire house!! Yikes. Trying to be creative and budget-friendly has been an adventure. We still have a lot to do, but here are the basics of what we've got now.
Entry way has this cute little guy with my favorite... Candy Corn!! I usually restrict myself to only eating it in October, but we needed some decorations so he came out early:).
Front room... a little barren still and lacking places to sit, but we're working on that! We really like our bookcase... now I just need some color to fill the shelves with and something to go on the walls. Again, work in progress.
Dining room we finally broke down and bought a dining room table, which we really like. No, the chairs do not have a cheesy plastic cover... we're just too nervous to uncover the white suede. And there are actually 6 chairs, we're just saving space.

Kitchen- not an amazing shot b/c we were still unpacking, but you get the idea. I actually love the kitchen! Lots of light and lots of storage space.
Guest Bedroom/Bathroom- You could be staying here if you come visit! Tempting, tempting:). The room also doubles as a sewing room, and triples as an office. Pretty much the most exciting room in the house, and it could be yours!!
Baby room- Another work in progress:). We have been so blessed by friends and family!! Everything in her room was given to us by those we love... we hardly purchased anything. Amazingly, that crib was used by one of my friend Harriet's girls, and it is in GREAT shape! It is perfect for us. I have a billion ideas of things I want to make for her room... Just need someone to craft with! Its not as fun doing it alone:(. And her closet is absolutely full of gifts from family and friends, darling clothes, and BOOKS. Scott and I love children's books.
Our Room- Well, we have a bed, folks. Good start for a bedroom. We're repainting some end tables (a lovely bright green color! ha... hopefully it all turns out) and also an old dresser that was Scott's grandparents. With all the sanding and repainting and learning, it has taken some time.


Well, that about sums up our home for now:). We are adjusting to life in Arizona... it is SO DIFFERENT from South Carolina... very small, no ocean, very dry, and no GURLEYS:(. But we have loved some of the new changes- cool nights without mosquitoes and lots of stars in the sky, mountains close by, very friendly people, very interesting characters;), and new family nearby. Scott just started working, which he absolutely LOVES. I miss having my buddy around to do things with, but I guess he had to get a job at some point:).







5 comments:
I would like to make a reservation for the 20th-23rd of October. 1 adult 4 kids :) Is their a complimentary breakfast? Do you take baby clothes as payment because I saw some really cute ones today that I might just need to get!
I love how you've decorated your house! Congrats on the move and the job. Very exciting. And by the way, you probably don't feel like it, but you look amazing. :) Glad you guys are doing well!
Oh and will you leave the plastic covers on the chairs until after we come- maybe through thanksgiving ;)
Your house is so cute! Want to come craft with me? I'm not much on thinking it up myself, but I'd love to do anything you show me. :) The pizza looks DELICIOUS, and you look so pretty. I'm glad you're liking Arizona...Can I get your address??
love love love the update! i totally want to come visit! and i love that you have so many books already. "buhts" as wes says are his favorite thing and we had to move them off his dresser since not being able to reach them made it impossible to nap.
Post a Comment