1.26.2008

we promise to be better

Okay, so we haven’t been terribly great at the blog thing since we started ours way back in JULY! We are going to try to do better, though. Here is an update of our life:
Scott is busy with school and work… I hardly get to see him! He is loving all of his classes this semester, especially his anatomy dissection class. He recently got to dissect the fat off of the behind of a new cadaver. Needless to say, he has taken an interest in cutting back on the trans and saturated fats in our diet. Last week he created a big treasure hunt for me on my birthday. I wasn’t very good at figuring out the clues, so he had to help me a lot. It was very fun, though, and very creative. It ended with tickets for a date and a new Ipod! I am so excited to use it while running.
I have also been busy with school, and getting a new job. I love my classes! I have had a chance to be on the Labor and Delivery unit these past few weeks, and it is so much fun. I have seen 5 births total, and it has been an amazing experience. Despite a crazy schedule I have had some time on my hands. I finally found a job working as a research assistant for one of my teachers. I start next week, and I am very excited about it.
We also joined an intramural soccer team together. We had our first game this week, and it was a little rough. We are both a little (A LOT!!) out of shape from the holidays and starting a new crazy schedule. We lost terribly, and I suffered a battle-wound from being socked in the stomach with a soccer ball traveling a billion miles per hour. All in all, though, we had fun! It was fun to get out and run, and I must say that Scotty is becoming quite the soccer player. He played awesome defense, and was a great husband to help me off the field while my stomach was imploding.

We’ll keep y’all updated!

2 comments:

jeremy said...

Wow, just one more post and you'll have doubled last years blogging efforts! Good luck. A lot of my friends have made New Years resolutions to blog more than they did last year, I think I'll do the same.

scott, natalie and kids said...

I am excited for your future comments and adventures. It will be fun to see what you are up to, even though we only live a few minutes from eachother. We love you!