We had a great Fourth of July!! The festivities all started on the 3rd around 8pm when we got a call from my mom saying that my sister had gone to the hospital in labor. So, we hopped in the car and drove up there. I was sure that I knew the way to the hospital, but after driving around rather aimlessly for 30 minutes, Scott would have to beg to differ. We got there just in time, though... phew! Natalie did an amazing job (she is so tough!) and delivered a handsome little guy named Logan around 11:30. He is so precious! I can't wait to spend a few days next week with him. Thanks Nat and Scott for letting us share that amazing moment with you, and thanks for fitting everything into our schedule so well;).
With just a few hours of sleep that night, Scott dropped me off in the morning at the start of the Freedom Run. Thank goodness Betsy was there to drag me along... I wouldn't have made it! But I crossed the finish line and I have a medal to prove it (even though I didn't register for the race... shhh!). I forgot to grab a house key from Scott before he headed to work, so I watched the Provo Parade for the first time since I had a little time to kill. I was a little ticked that nobody would throw me candy, b/c I was STARVING after the race. They only throw it out to the kids apparently. Lame.
After 2 naps (yes, that's right... one before lunch, one afterwards) we had Betsy and Steve over for a barbecue and a rousing game of croquet. I stood in an anthill while we were playing and probably freaked everyone out by my reaction... I went a little berserk. I just HATE bugs, big or small, harmless or venomous... they're all bad. And I had about a million of them crawling up my leg... it was nasty. I hope I didn't scare Betsy and Steve away forever. Thankfully, Scott is used to my reactions to little bugs. We were going to hike up to the top of Squaw Peak to watch the Stadium of Fire firework show, but it was a little stormy and we didn't feel like getting struck by lightening... so we watched them from the MTC field. Great show! We are so grateful for the country that we live in and admire all those who have sacrificed so much, especially for 4 grandpas who all fought for our country. Here are some pics from the weekend:
With just a few hours of sleep that night, Scott dropped me off in the morning at the start of the Freedom Run. Thank goodness Betsy was there to drag me along... I wouldn't have made it! But I crossed the finish line and I have a medal to prove it (even though I didn't register for the race... shhh!). I forgot to grab a house key from Scott before he headed to work, so I watched the Provo Parade for the first time since I had a little time to kill. I was a little ticked that nobody would throw me candy, b/c I was STARVING after the race. They only throw it out to the kids apparently. Lame.
After 2 naps (yes, that's right... one before lunch, one afterwards) we had Betsy and Steve over for a barbecue and a rousing game of croquet. I stood in an anthill while we were playing and probably freaked everyone out by my reaction... I went a little berserk. I just HATE bugs, big or small, harmless or venomous... they're all bad. And I had about a million of them crawling up my leg... it was nasty. I hope I didn't scare Betsy and Steve away forever. Thankfully, Scott is used to my reactions to little bugs. We were going to hike up to the top of Squaw Peak to watch the Stadium of Fire firework show, but it was a little stormy and we didn't feel like getting struck by lightening... so we watched them from the MTC field. Great show! We are so grateful for the country that we live in and admire all those who have sacrificed so much, especially for 4 grandpas who all fought for our country. Here are some pics from the weekend:
Just taking out the competition. Notice our
coordinated baseball tees... we planned it.

3 comments:
Wow! I didn't know I could take such artistic pictures...I don't know what way to turn it either. haha And don't worry, you can't scare us off with a little ant action...or maybe you should worry??
The new baby is so cute!
Wow! I didn't know I could take such artistic pictures...I don't know what way to turn it either. haha And don't worry, you can't scare us off with a little ant action...or maybe you should worry??
The new baby is so cute!
Where are you?? I miss you!!
Post a Comment