6.29.2008

bruce the spruce

A couple of months ago, Scott went very early in the morning to Macey's to get some milk (we were out:)!) for breakfast, and they were giving away little pine trees because it was Earth Day. Scott had to go into work that day, but I was going on a walk with my friend, Betsy, so I took on the responsibility of saving the earth. We went on a walk up the canyon, and brought our little tree with us. We found a safe spot for the little guy, planted him, and gave him the bit of water we had in hopes that he would grow. Scott and I have been wondering about our plant child, so tonight, since one of his HT appointments canceled, we had a little time on our hands. We drove up to Bridal Veil and then walked the little ways up the canyon. I wasn't sure at first if I could find him, but to my dismay I found a dried up twig stuck in the ground. LIttle Brucey had passed on. A few steps away, however (to my wonderful delight) there sat our little tree alive and thriving. I expected it to at least be up to my waist, so I was a little worried about the size, but he seemed to be very much alive. So, there's our story about saving the world one pint size tree at a time.

Bridal Veil Falls-
there were lots of people
there.
He's just a little guy.
Isn't he cute, though?

Me and Bruce
P.S. Nat, I just want you to know that we forgive you for not having the baby yesterday at the time we scheduled;). We'll let you know when we're available next, so plan accordingly.

3 comments:

Starla said...

Look at all of these updates! I am so happy!

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy you're back!!

Call Commotion said...

I am so happy that you have been posting again!! It was no fun checking your blog and reading the same post over and over again! I hope all is going well!

Tennille