6.28.2008

Post for Betsy

My wonderful friend, Betsy, is a good reason why I have decided to post so much because she said she devotingly looked at my blog every couple of days just to see if I posted. So, I thought I would dedicate a post to her:). She is such a wonderful friend and always supports me in all I do. I am so glad that we both happened to be the only roommates without a friend in the apartment when we moved into Regency! She has the biggest heart and the most contagious laugh. She also ran the Rex Lee 10K with me, and did an amazing job at that. So, here are some pictures of that.
Funny story about the last photo: I didn't see this chalk drawing until I got back from the race and I was like, "huh... I wonder who Darline is... she has the nicest husband to draw that for her to help encourage her for the race. That drawing looks kind of like something Scott would draw... Oh." So, yes, ladies and gentlemen... I have the nicest husband ever. That was for me (darlin') not some random person named Darline.

Another funny story: Betsy and I were right at the front of the starting line up, so we were photographed many times by someone from BYU's Daily Universe. And guess what??! One of those photos made it to the front page of the newspaper that week. And which picture did the choose? The one where Cosmo is standing right in front of me with his big head, so all you can see are my tennis shoes. Yeah. Lame. Just like Mike Wizosky from Monster's Inc. But at least Betsy got on there!

Running our hearts out (I also wanted to
make a shout out to our photographer who
not only shot amazing photos but was right there,
running with us- so thanks, Stev-o)

We are so cool.

Thanks for supporting me, sweetheart!

3 comments:

Starla said...

Who is this Betsy girl? What about me?! I check your blog too! :)

Scott and Rachael said...

haha... well, we need a picture together, then maybe I can post something.

Anonymous said...

yay!! Thanks so much, Rach! You definitely just made my day! You're the best! And I'm completely loving reading the rest of your posts. Jsyk, I have always thought you are super creative, honestly. I love the egyptian guy. Steve and I are wondering if you could make one for us?? And while you're at it, we'd love framed pics of Scott's innerd's too. :) I'm also so happy that Bruce the Spruce is alive and well! Thanks for letting me be apart of that experience! You had me going when you said he had passed on. I didn't even get the good news until a split second later b/c I had to wipe away a tear. But I am happy now to see pics that he is growing so well! Ok, now I'm going to keep reading the rest of the posts. I'm so impressed you posted so many! Look at you go! Did I tell you, you made my day?? Thanks!