I just wanted to take a minute to explain why i have the best wife. Now, I apologize to all those reading this who thought that perhaps they had lucked out in their selection of a spouse and had drawn the golden egg. I am sure your wives are wonderful, but mine is, well... the best. I have noticed in reading over our blog that Rach has not done herself justice in all that she does and how well she does it. So allow me to show you what I see.
She is also working with the young women of our church. There is only three of them, but I don't think there is a day that goes by that she is not making a phone call, making plans, or worrying what she can do better to help those girls.
If her schedule wasn't busy enough she has taken on a ceramics class the semester (just for kicks). She has probably the least amount of time in anyone in her class, and still makes things that i imagine it would take months of practice to turn out.
With all this, her number one priority is still her family. There is rarely a birthday party, a family picnic, a dominoes game, or even an every other day phone call home that is missed by Rach. Even for my siblings...guys if you ever get a phone call or card from me on your birthday, it is only because Rachael had reminded me about it for the past week. She is flocked to by her nieces and nephews ( grant it, the youngest flocks in his own way), and whether tea parties or swords are played Rach will be there.
The most compelling argument I have for claiming my wife as the best, is that she is nothing less than my best friend. She lifts me up on bad days and makes me feel like a hero on good ones. She has been with me through poor and poorer (I'm sure richer will come some time), and still encourages me to keep going after my goals no matter what the cost. She takes time (remember how she has so much of that) to watch movies, play mini golf, get in water fights, cook dinner, go for runs, take naps, play games, a million other things, and even go to BYU football...all with me. Tell me husbands, what wife does all that? Just mine.
Who won this water fight? Feel free to post your opinion
(cause I'm pretty sure I did)
The ever allusive snail ramp at Trafalga
So you see I lucked out. She said yes, so everyone still on the search will just have to settle for second place. Elder Holland in the last general conference talked about an angel consenting to marry him, one definitely consented to marry me and I know better now than i did then that I am the luckiest guy on earth. Case closed. I win. Sorry guys.


3 comments:
I would have to consent that she was the best roommate, too! (not to make you blush, Rach) :)
cutest post ever. rachael is indeed amazing, and she must have a great husband to write such cute things about her! good match.
Wow Rach what a great guy you have! That was super cute. You're definitely the best :)
Post a Comment