We love the weekend. Scott (usually) does not have work, so we get to spend the weekend together doing whatever we want (homework). Yesterday was a great day. We watched/listened to the BYU game (rise and shout, baby) while I worked on spinning some bowls for my pottery class and Scott worked on his PA school applications. Then we took off to Salt Lake to go to the new Cheesecake Factory. I was so excited! However, we were quite ornery when they told us the wait would be no more than an hour and 30 minutes and we ended up waiting 2 HOURS! We did walk around the mall for a bit, but you can only do that for so long. We were starving and ready to bite people's head off by the time they finally sat us down. The food ended up being very yummy, thank goodness, and we were a lot happier and calmer once we had food inside. Then we went to Iron Man... such a good movie. If you haven't seen it, it's at the dollar theater in Utah, so go!! We were pretty tired by the end, and barely made it home before falling asleep.
Me doing my thang on the potter's wheel.

At the Cheesecake Factory feeling a little bit more chipper after a bit of bread.
Today, we went up the canyon to check on our little tree. We're a little concerned... he's having a few struggles. He's just a little wimpy looking still, and some of his pine needles are turning brown. As you can see, it's tearing Scott apart:
We also drove up to Sundance, and it was incredibly beautiful!!!! The fall colors are in full swing, and they were stunning. We took pictures, but it just doesn't do it justice. The mountains in the fall are one of my absolute favorite things about Utah. Here are some pictures from the trip:

4 comments:
You have your own pottery wheel? That looks fun.
I wish!! It's just in the ceramics lab on campus... I am taking a class. It's really fun, though!
Well, I'm really sad about Brucey, but hopefully he'll pick it up. I love your artistic pottery bowl pic, and definitely want to see the finished product!
I just like you guys. And I miss you at work, Rachel!
Post a Comment