9.21.2008

olympics and running at midnight

I know this is past and gone, but weren't the Olympics this year great? We loved them. Some of our favorite moments were:
  • Watching Michael Phelps- so exciting! We saw all of his races, and loved cheering him on.
  • Seeing Usain Bolt run. Wow, he can book it. I wish I could run like that
  • The opening ceremonies- they might have been dubbed, but they were pretty sweet anyway.
  • Nastia Lukin and Shaun Johnson were fun to watch. I always love the girl's gymnastics- I could have sworn that Nastia was like 5 ft. 9. Not so much. She's like 5 ft. 2.
Anyway, I love the Olympics. I can't wait until London! Here is a picture of Scott and I watching the opening ceremonies on campus:



Scott's sister Steph invited us to do a race in my hometown. I have always wanted to run it since I was in high school, but had never found anyone to do it with me because it is at midnight. Crazy, I know, but SO FUN. We went to my parent's house early to get ready for it and watched some Olympics to get pumped... and then we fell asleep. Bad idea. We were so tired when our alarm went off and did not want to run at all. But we had promised Steph we would run it with her, so we dragged our feet out of bed. If you look at the picture of Scott and I in the house, you can tell that we were half awake. When we got there, the excitement of the race got us a little more awake. Steph and her friends looked super awesome in their 80s running outfits... Scott and I weren't nearly that cool. However, the people over the race did give us really cool glowing bracelets- I love things that glow in the dark. Come to find out, they gave us those bracelets b/c the roads weren't closed to cars... sketchy. Anyway, we started off the race and it was so fun! The moon was full, and it wasn't blazing hot. There was a big hill at the beginning that definitely got our adrenaline going, and then we were off. Surprisingly, we got a pretty decent time for being as tired as we were at the beginning. Here are the pics:

Do we really want to do this?


Group picture!



me, steph, and scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome running at midnight! I love the glow bracelets. So fun!