12.20.2008

Ahh, yes, Thanksgiving.

Sad I am finally getting around to posting about Thanksgiving since Christmas is less than a week away... My sister and I are very similar in our 'blogging patterns' since we both spill our guts about once a month and update with a whole splurge of posts. Of course, her posts are full of cute pictures and videos of my niece and nephews... not that Scott and I aren't cute, just not as cute. ANYWAY... Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent this year with my family, and had a great time! We started off the day doing a 5K with my brother, Jared, and his friend from work. Scott and I hadn't been running for at least a month, so this was a good reminder of why we should be running. Jared kicked our trash! We did the Human Race in Draper, and it was so cool to see how many people turned out! The money all went to the Humanitarian Center and the Food bank. I had pictures of us in our running gear, but they seem to have disappeared, so here is a random picture of our running shoes:


Dinner was delish! Scott and I made a cranberry relish that our sister-in-law, Tracy, made for us last Thanksgiving in Washington. Mom always does a great job with Thanksgiving dinner, and it was fun to have all of my favorite traditional foods... Stove Top Stuffing (none of that greasy homemade stuff... blech), mashed potatoes, celery with cheese, and even yam yums (Although I didn't eat any of those it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them at least on the table). I promise Thanksgiving dinner really happened, but I also don't have a picture of us all sitting down:(. I think there is one on my parent's camera that I'll have to steal at some point.
The next day we went Black Friday Shopping. I hate Black Friday Shopping, but we really wanted to partake of some of the sweet deals. Scott, me, my mom, and my Aunt Marian all got up at 4:30 in the morning and went to Walmart. I waited in line for 45 minutes and got jammed in the back by many shopping carts only to find out the thing we had come for (it's secret... someone hasn't gotten it yet:)) was out! Once again, I hate Black Friday Shopping. At least my mom and aunt got what they came for. My friend Jessica and I seemed to be having the exact same holiday weekend. I saw her at the race, and then at Walmart at 5 in the morning shopping... craziness. It was fun to see her:)! Scott and I ended up going out to one more store (Target) and got exactly what we wanted, went home at 6:30, and went back to bed.
We also went to the movie Twilight on Friday. It was pretty good, though I was a little disappointed. Not to mention I had girls (and women) all around me sighing and fanning themselves the whole time, which kind of made me want to puke. Here is a picture of Scott and I with vampire teeth since this post is sadly lacking in pictures. It wasn't even taken anywhere near this time, but there ya go. We look pretty fierce.


1 comment:

Scott and Jess said...

I completely love that i got mentioned on your blog!!!!!!!!!!! i feel so famous. you are the best.