12.20.2008

mele kalikimaka

Don't worry... I had to look up how to spell that. Last year my mom gave us a kit to make a gingerbread house, and we didn't have a chance to do it, so we pulled it out this year. Still worked like a charm. Here is our creation... I was in charge of the house, while Scott made all of the gingerbread men (which will be obvious in a moment):

Here is the whole thing. Scott got going on a Hawaiin theme and really couldn't be stopped. The house doesn't really look like that now, since every day I randomly here a plunk sound as the little lights drop off of the roof one by one. Notice the cute Christmas wreath and palm tree, though... my two 'creative' additions.


And each of the little characters:

The Suckling Pig, my personal favorite

The Fire Dancer



The Hula Dancer with a nice fro going on



And here are are fun but few Christmas decorations. Sigh, I just love Christmas. We made sure to put these all up in our apartment before Thanksgiving, so we could come home to the Christmas spirit. Love it.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think this is my favorite gingerbread house yet this year.

Anonymous said...

I love your Hawaiian gingerbread house! Oh! to be in Hawaii. :)