5.10.2009

disneyland.seaworld

haha... it's been awhile:). And a lot has changed, so here it goes:

In March we went with the Sheetz and Stoddard family to California. It was a blast! We have to thank Nat and Scott for hooking us up... we had such a fun trip! Here is our trip in a picture nutshell:

DISNEYLAND DAY 1

The first day in California, we woke up early and headed to Disneyland... it really is such an incredible place. Now that I am older, I think I appreciate more how much effort they put into making it a 'magical' place. It felt magical to me and I'm 23!

The classic entrance picture... just missing Amy and Jared's crew:(. Next time!


We were really excited, so we just took some pictures walking in.


Scott and I went to get fast passes at Splash Mountain while everyone else rode Dumbo. The line was so short, we just decided to ride it! We were going up the first big hill... love this ride:).


Scott has a really good Beaker face... ha ha... I love it.


Scott with Wall-E.

Me and Mr. Incredible. I was very embarrassed to take this picture when most of the people in line were kids. But I really wanted a picture with Mr. Incredible. Love that show.
Some really cool pictures Scott took of us on the rocket ride. I think they really capture the moment. I love the glowing blue Mickey Mouse balloons.

Alice in Wonderland... such a strange ride. Not as strange as Snow White, though. Has anyone been on that ride? It starts out with Snow White in her house with the dwarves. Then it goes to the mine with the dwarves and all the pretty gems they are getting... all normal Snow White stuff. The next 4 rooms you go through are these creepy forests with the witch popping out at you every couple feet and rolling a rock on the dwarves... it is really scary! Then you come out the doors at the end and it says, 'They lived happily ever after' on the wall. Who? The creepy witch?! You don't even see Snow White again, and there is no prince. Really bizarre. The line was really short for that ride.



THE BEACH
The next day we went to the beach. It was cold and blustery. Scott and my BIL decided it would be fun to jump in the freezing cold ocean to boogie board. I followed them in a little ways, but quickly got out despite their claims that I would 'get used to it.' I hate being cold. They came out twenty minutes later with headaches, cramped muscles, and they both felt pretty dizzy. However, they still had fun and said that it was worth it. I'm not too sad I missed out. We didn't stay that long, and it was nice to come back to the hotel to a nice warm shower... ah, wait. For some reason our hotel didn't have warm water. Weird.
Here are the few pictures we have from that day:
Scott and I on the beach.

Love the curly hair. So adorable.

I love this one, especially Jeremy on the end poking his head up. My head is a little large and in charge up front, but other than that it's a pretty fun picture.


SEAWORLD
Friday we went to Seaworld. My mom wasn't feeling so great:( so she and my dad stayed behind. I think Seaworld was one of my favorite places. It is so amazing to see all the animals. It was a bit chilly, though.
I know this picture didn't turn out great, but I LOVE the manatees. One came right up to my niece and I and smashed his nose against the glass. They are so cool.
The classic Shamu. It really was amazing to watch all that the whales and dolphins could do. I even got a little choked up watching Shamu... then again maybe it was the 'inspiring' music-video montage they were playing.
And this picture explains why Scott takes most of the pictures for us. You may notice most of the pictures are of me... that is because none of the ones I try to take turn out. Notice Scott's half head... yeah. Scott is touching the sting rays here. They were so cool and slimy feeling. My BIL bought some squid to feed to them and it was so neat. Their mouths are on the bottom of them and they would practically jump out to try and eat it out of your hand.
Such a cute picture... a little sea turtle sleeping. I really wanted to take him home. Love this picture.

This my niece and I looking at the Beluga whale... it was such a crazy animal. And huge! It looked like an alien to me. It came right up to the glass where we were standing. My niece absolutely adored Seaworld... me, too:). I love her pig-tail silhouettes.



DISNEYLAND DAY 2
I think we were getting worn down by our last day. Keeping an eye on 3 kids in Disneyland and Seaworld is tiring (even if there were 7 adults ). We didn't spend a whole day there (mostly because some of us were throwing up), but it was a great last day.
Space Mountain... absolutely love it you can see from my face. Scott looks like he is about to bail out.

The canoe ride... it was fun. Not much to say about it.
My nephew becoming a Jedi master... he defeated Darth Vader all while wearing that super cute mouse ears hat.

This was the last ride we went on, and one of my favorites: Screamin' California. I felt a gurgle in my stomach before and during the whole ride and wondered if I should maybe pass going on it. I threw up maybe an hour afterwards in our hotel... the stomach flu passed around our crew and I had caught it. I'm glad I got at least one last good ride in and that I didn't hurl on it. My dad, on the other hand, was not so fortunate, and took advantage of the waterfall below him during the Pixar Parade to empty his stomach... poor guy!


After a long 10 hour drive, that was the end of our trip! It was so, so fun and we have so many good memories. Thank you again, Nat and Scott:).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm wondering if that last picture is a pic of a pic? It's looks bizarrely (word?) 2-D...pretty cool if it's not. haha I love the manatees, too. I played a manatee in a school play about endagered species, been a fan ever since. And I'm very impressed that you got teary-eyed watching Shamu. You are definitely a true Sea World fan.

Anonymous said...

Oh! And that is super cool that your nephew is a Jedi knight. The cutest one I've ever seen!