5.17.2009

home sweet home

Scott and I are fortunate enough to live in his parents house while we live out here... it is beautiful! We absolutely love the neighborhood, too. There is a nice running/biking trail and a pool just around the corner that is only for people in our little community. Scott and I rode our bikes around a lot to get familiar with everything because it is a huge confusing place. My favorite spot in our neighborhood is the island that you have to cross this beautiful bridge to get to. It goes over the marsh and intercoastal waters. I just love it. I'll have to take pictures of it sometime.
These pictures are mostly for my family to see, so sorry to bore everyone else:). We literally took these pictures right as we walked in (except the ones on the outside). Things have changed a little bit, but honestly not much... we don't have very much stuff to add:).


The VIEW FROM THE FRONT. We currently have no neighbors b/c on one side of us is a road, and the houses beside us, in front of us, and kitty-corner from us are all vacant right now. Crazy.

The sunset from the BACKYARD.

The only reason I like this picture is b/c you can see our PALMETTO TREE!! That'a how your really know you're somewhere tropical:).


Another of the sunset... it was so beautiful!!



The view as we walked in...
The ENTRY-WAY. We were so exhausted, we just brought in our overnight bags.



The FAMILY ROOM and the famously comfortable couch(or infamously since its so easy to fall asleep on).


Another view of the family room. I love the curtains and the beautiful painting above the couch.


The KITCHEN (and Scott not realizing I'm snapping pictures).
I love having room to actually make food.



The DINING ROOM. Some of the furniture in here is Kimi's as they are waiting to build a house and needed a place to store it. The china hutch and rug are her's. Scott's dad found this dining room set for a steal of deal at an estate sale. It's just lovely.



The MASTER BEDROOM. I love the beachy feel.



The MASTER BATHROOM (at least the half I could get in the picture).
We do have a jacuzi, but after hearing horror stories about jacuzi tubs from my sister, we have yet to use it;).




SPARE ROOM #1, which now has my sewing machine in it.


SPARE ROOM #2/COMPUTER ROOM/LIBRARY which is upstairs in the F.R.O.G (Furnished Room Over Garage... it's a southern thing, I guess).


SPARE ROOM #3. Noticing a pattern?!! We have plenty of room for people to come visit us... SO COME VISIT:).


The screened-in (trust me it's necessary with all the bugs) BACK PORCH with the glorious hot tub. It is wonderful on a good stormy night to go sit in:).
We are so very grateful to Scott's parents for letting us stay in their beautiful home. We LOVE having a good place to come home to. PLEASE come visit:).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! It's is so beautiful! So, I'm wondering about these horror stories of the jacuzzi....but I'm not sure I want to know...

scott, natalie and kids said...

So fun Rachael! Thanks for posting all of that. I can now picture where you are so much better. I also loved the 2007 to 2009 Anniversary pics. You haven't aged a bit!