
One of our favorite things to do is to walk all of the trails by their house with Charley and Daisy... It is so nice and sunny and wonderful. We saw a few jack rabbits this time, but really we were hoping to see a tarantula or scorpion... way cooler.
DAY 1
Scott getting shot with a ginormous arrow. We couldn't find his cell phone one hour out from this stop and we were freaking out b/c he thought it had fallen out of his pocket when he posed for this picture. Alas, it was in the car. Phew!DAY 2
Next day was the rest of Texas, Kansas (very beautiful), and into Arkansas (also very beautiful). Texas was so foggy... it was bizarre. We tried to stop in at Walmart and get some hand sanitizer, but they were completely out. Apparently the people in Amarillo were a little wigged out about the swine flu... sorry the H1N1 virus. We saw a lot of these little guys:
Next day was the rest of Texas, Kansas (very beautiful), and into Arkansas (also very beautiful). Texas was so foggy... it was bizarre. We tried to stop in at Walmart and get some hand sanitizer, but they were completely out. Apparently the people in Amarillo were a little wigged out about the swine flu... sorry the H1N1 virus. We saw a lot of these little guys:
Usually I hate dead animals on the side of the road, but these were funny. They die in the funniest positions. I had never seen an armadillo before this trip, but I think I've had my fill. The armadillo cake in Fried Green Tomatoes is now really funny to me. I feel like I'm in on an inside joke now.The largest cross in the Western Hemisphere. Scott went to the largest cross in the Eastern Hemisphere (probably the world) on his mission in the Philippines.
We stayed in Jonesboro, Arkansas that night, which is where Scotty lived when he was younger. It was a really beautiful town and it was so fun to see the neighborhood he grew up in. We wanted to take a picture by his old house, but there were kids out front and we thought it might freak the parents out if we tried to snap a picture with their kids there. We stayed with some of Scott's family friends named the Bulls. They were so wonderful and nice to us. That was amazing southern hospitality at its best to let us into their home, feed us, and provide a warm place to sleep. They were so great. Not to mention, Mrs. Bull gave us yummy cookies and bottled water to take on our trip. Thank you!!!
Our last leg of the trip was the longest. Thanks to Harry Potter on cd and beef jerky, we survived. We really don't have any pictures from this day because we never got out of the car. We just wanted to get there as quickly as possible. We drove through Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina... 6 states in one day!!
We really cannot complain about our long trip. We drove safely and had no car troubles. The last two days were overcast, which was so great because it stayed nice and cool. It was fun to see new things together, and we loved spending the time with each other. However, we were so, so excited to pull into Charleston, safe and sound.

3 comments:
Thanks for sharing your trip! It sounds like it was so fun. I'm very happy you got there safe and sound! Look at you world travelers, well, at least State travelers.
Oh! And P.S. Happy Birthday to Scott. I thought of you guys all day. I'm pretty sure you were traveling, but I wasn't sure, but I hope it was still great!
Hey, glad you made it safe and sound. Things are well in NP first ward. Sister Mauger is the new YW pres. I don't have a calling anymore so we'll see how long that lasts. Read my blog for updates on Jacob! We miss you!
Post a Comment