6.02.2009

TWO {wonderful, fantastical, amazing, incredible, splendid, lovely, enchanting, charming, superb, dreamy, magical} YEARS

We had a pretty awesome 2 year anniversary. It was fun b/c we were in Charleston, which is where we went on our honeymoon. It was my year to plan, so I decided to make a scavenger hunt-type-of-thing where I gave Scott clues of some of the places that we went when we came to Charleston before.

We started out the morning with a yummy breakfast. Here is a delightful picture of me making orange julius and waffles.

Scott gave me some wonderful smelling roses:), and...

Dove dark chocolates... my favorite:).

LOCATION #1
We went to the aquarium, which kind of defeated the purpose of the scavenger hunt b/c we actually didn't go there on our honeymoon. But we did think about it and even took a picture outside of it, it was just too late to go in! Plus, Brady and Tracy gave us tickets for Christmas to go there. So we did! And it was really fun! I was hoping they would have a lot of cool whales and dolphins, but apparently it is illegal to keep mammals in captivity here, so that was a little disappointing. But Kimi and Scott have promised to take me to places where you can see dolphins in the ocean, so hopefully I will see one soon:). Here are some pictures:
2007 (honeymoon)
I'm pretty sure this is infront of the aquarium. Maybe.
Okay this, picture isn't the aquarium at all, but I ran into when I was looking through the pictures from our honeymoon. Can you believe how long my hair was?! Crazy. This is right before I got it cut to donate it. I was trying to pick a hairstyle.


2009 (2 year anniversary)
Scott with a bald eagle that has a broken wing. They found it on the side of the road and rescued it b/c it will never fly again:(. It was a really pretty bird (which is saying a lot b/c I don't really like birds). And it even looked at the camera when we took the picture.

On the dock of the aquarium. You can see the Cooper River Bridge really well. Isn't it a beautiful bridge? It connects downtown Charleston with Mount Pleasant.

Haha... This turtle has his nose smashed up against the glass. It made me laugh.

Can you spot the fish?

Ranger Scott
Me and a frog having a chat.
We attempted multiple times to get a picture of us together with the sign overhead. We couldn't do it by ourselves, so we asked a lady to help us and told her we really wanted the name over our heads. She did even worse than us. So here is the only picture we have with the full title:).
LOCATION #2
This was a little walkway that I remembered that was really pretty. You walk out onto a dock where you can sit and fish if you want. I just really liked it before.
2007
2009
LOCATION #3
Next we went to King's Street which has all of the shopping you could ever want. Tons and tons of stores all crammed onto one very crowded street. The really cool thing, though, is that there are gardens and such behind all the buildings, you just have to find the back paths to them. There is a gorgeous cemetary down one of the alleyways that we just fell in love with. We didn't take very good pictures of us either time, but here is what we have:
2007
Scott walking through it. There was an orange cat with a stubby tail walking around with us. We didn't see him this time:(.
2009
Scott took this picture. The cemetary is really old. It has people buried in it from the 1600s and 1700s. To get buried here you have to be from Charleston and have ancestry that goes all the way back to when it was first settled. One guy was buried here and they dug him up later and moved him b/c they realized his line didn't go back to Charleston. Kinda psycho.
LOCATION #4
Next we went to Waterfront park which overlooks the bay and has a lot of pretty trees and fountains. They also have bench swings where you can just sit and look over the ocean.
2007
Posing in front of the waterfall
There weren't any available swings when we went before, so we just took a picture instead.
2009
The other fountain which looks like a pineapple.
We got a swing this time!! And a very windblown picture.
LOCATION #5
Scott loves a restaurant here called Miyabi's. It's a Japanese grill where they cook your dinner in front of you, and it's really yummy! We didn't take a picture this time (I know... we can get a picture of a pig-nosed turtle, but not of us eating a nice dinner... go figure) but on our honeymoon we sat with a bunch of kids that were on their prom date... haha. It felt kind of awkward like we were on our first date, too, or something. It was still yummy, though:).
You can kind of see the prom kids behind us... and our fantastic cook. Our chef this time was newer and didn't know all of the fancy tricks.
Our last stop was supposed to be a candy store, but it was closed:(. I don't think Scott was too sad about that, but I was... I love candy. Oh, well. We'll have to go there next year;).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! And you almost look alike from one year to the other with Scott's blue shirt and your skirt. So fun! Congrats on making two wonderful years!

Jaime said...

You have the cutest life! And liked looking at your new home! I want to come visit for sure! I'll just leave Matt here to go to work and school and I'll come to Carolina.... I said that like it was a song. I'm not sure if it really is.