8.27.2009

savannah

Last weekend Scott and I decided to do a little trip to Savannah, Georgia before Scott started school. It is only about 2 hours away from us, and I have to say we will definitely be making that trip again. It is such a cool place!! The architecture is amazing, and everything has so much detail, even down to the drain pipes. There are tons unique little stores to go into... its all very artsy and I love it. The only thing that we will change next time is where we stay. We decided to stay in a B&B. It was supposed to have an 'antique feel' which translated into 'old, creepy, mildewy smelling rooms'. The location was awesome, though, because it was right in the middle of these incredible neighborhoods with little parks and neat houses. Everything was within walking distance. The first night we just walked all over discovering everything, though we walked right into sketch-ville. Yikes. One minute it was beautiful and lovely, next minute I was sure we were about to be shot. Here are some of the amazing things that we saw... there was so much to do and to see!
Our sketch entrance to our hotel.
Now for the pretty stuff:















































3 comments:

Marie said...

so fun!! it is so beautiful. and i LOVE your yellow purse!

Betsy said...

I love it! You make every place look so cool with your photography skills! Those drainpipes are awesome. And the street address is quite concerning...how do you even say that? haha How very fun, and I'm so happy you guys went on a vacay!

Betsy said...

oh, and those treats definitely look like heaven! yum!