4.03.2010

myrtle beach

Scott and I decided to take a weekend to go up to the famed Myrtle Beach. Most people have heard of Myrtle Beach, and here we live 2 hours away and have never been. Scott found an awesome hotel for an incredible deal since it was the off season, so we headed up north. I was a tad bit concerned as we pulled into to downtown Myrtle Beach... can you say sketch? Also, I have never in my life seen so many miniture golf course... at least one every block, sometimes two. Why? One of life's many unanswered questions.

Our hotel turned out to be stellar, though it was surrounded by ghetto-ness. Our room was amazing with a balcony view of the ocean. They also had an indoor swimming pool (it was cold outside!) with innertubes that we had all to ourselves... woohoo!!


Here are the pictures:


I wanted to listen to the waves in the morning, but it was a little chilly. I heart the ocean.





Our amazing view from the balcony














We were HIGH up.





Looking down. This was after a good run, so pardon the overall sweatyness/nastiness.





The sun was very bright, so it was hard to get a good picture of us without too much shadow. Here's the best we got:






Scott took this picture in front of the hotel a billion times because he kept saying my eyes were closed... they ended up being open in every single one. I just have squinty-smiling-eyes, geez.





We did some shopping at the outlets, lusted at Anthropologie, and walked around a park that had crazy games.

This one was like dance-dance-revolution but with your hands







Yes I look possessed, but I am increasing my upper body muscle mass.






All in all, it was a good trip. And now I know what people mean when they describe Myrtle Beach as 'touristy'... it's completely true.




5 comments:

scott, natalie and kids said...

Yea! I want to go to the beach? AS I look outside at the falling snow I am thinking of how I am going to sweat to death this August in South Carolina. Can't come soon enough!

Marie said...

So beautiful! (both YOU and the beach!) I wish I could just come out and visit you. :( I hope all is well!!!!

jeremy said...

Way cool! That's funny, though, because I hear so many rave reviews of Myrtle Beach by those that have been there. No, Charleston was just the right town to visit;).

Betsy said...

Yay! You're back! I've missed you, oh, so much. Myrtle Beach looks amazingly beautiful. I love the picture of the sun...set/rise? I'm jealous of your run, too. How about you come back next August (as in 2011) and run the Provo Half Marathon with me?? That would be so fun!

The Romneys said...

I'm so jealous! I haven't been to the beach in forever. Myrtle Beach is so fun!