4.03.2010

snow day/v-day

We're back! At least trying to be:). I'm missing a Christmas post and a visit to Utah post, so for now just know they happened and they were wonderful!!


This winter hasn't been all that I have heard South Carolina winter's could be... It didn't last long, but it was definitely cold. And (of course) the winter I move here, it snows like it hasn't for at least 20 years. So here is our beautiful palmetto tree covered in snow:



And this is how it looked out in our backyard in the morning. It was very pretty but I was very glad it didn't stay long. People here were SO excited. Not to mention everything closed down (EVERYTHING), before a flake had fallen. I almost didn't get home from work because they started closing the bridges.







Valentines day was wonderful. I have an amazing husband. He gave me this book which I have been wanting forever. I haven't made anything, yet, partly because there are no fabric stores nearby. Hopefully it will be a great way to get me back into sewing... however, I will not be making the weird dress on the front lest you were concerned (looks like she's wearing an apron and only an apron).




Scott's gift was easy... I thought of what any 12 year old would want and that's what I went with... NERF GUNS! They really are a blast. Immature, but loads of fun. Notice the red little dots on the window sill... those are gummy cinnamon red dwarves who functioned as target practice.





Nothing comes between a man and his gun.



1 comment:

Betsy said...

Wowee! Look at that snow! You almost look like you're in Utah. BTW I love your hair, very cute. And I love that you used the candymen as targets. haha Be sure to post any projects you make...I loved to be inspired. :)